Program Services and Fees:
- As part of our Graduate Student Support Program, CASE offers free consultation services to graduate students working on independent research projects that do not have external funding for statistical support.
- Free services are available through our drop-in hours (See hours here). Hours and locations are subject to change each term.
Graduate Student Center, Susan Campbell Hall. Just drop in!
Online, via Skype. The CASE GTF Skype username is "CASE UO". Enter this name into the search field and click "add to contacts." In the "contact request" field, please specify the CASE Graduate Student Support Program.
If you have questions about how to connect, email Tyler (email@example.com).
- If you plan to come to our free office hours, you can check our availability and schedule an appointment using our office hours calendar. You're also welcome to just drop in without making an appointment first, but if we're already meeting with someone else you may have to wait.
- UO Graduate Students are entitled to 2 free consultation appointments per term during our office hours. Appointments are limited to 45 minutes. If you are unavailable during drop-in times, or require additional assistance after your 2 free drop-in consultations, please complete the Graduate Student form available HERE, and be prepared to pay the regular GTF prices.
- Graduate students requesting a consultation outside the drop-in hours are subject to regular CASE rates Such consultation appointments do not impact the 2 free consultation appointments per term.
- For graduate students seeking fee-based scheduled appointments, please complete the form below.
What We Do (And Don’t Do):
- We can provide consultation on: research design, instrument development, data management, selecting appropriate data analysis techniques, problem solving of data analysis issues, handling missing data, interpreting results, presenting results, and (some) statistical software support.
- Through this program you can receive consultation services for your independent research project, but we do not analyze your data for you. We also do not offer course tutoring.
- You are welcome to seek support for your thesis or dissertation, but please note that advisor/committee approval is required.
What to Expect:
- First, schedule an office hours appointment or fill out a consultation request form (see links below). This will provide CASE representatives with information about you, your project and your question/problem.
- After receiving your consultation request, a CASE representative will contact you to set up a meeting time if you indicated you want that. Depending on availability, this meeting will typically occur 1-3 weeks after your request is received. If you are notifying CASE that you will be dropping in to the clinic, CASE representatives will be expecting you and the problem you described on the form.
- At your consultation appointment you may be asked to describe your project and problem/questions in more detail. A CASE representative (usually a GTF with advanced statistical training) will then provide feedback and advice on your question or problem. Depending on whether your needs are met in the initial appointment, a follow-up appointment may be scheduled at this time.
Click here to schedule an appointment for our free office hours.
Click here to submit a request for a fee-based appointment.